Development steps for code changes
- git clone https://github.com/pyexcel/pyexcel.git
- cd pyexcel
Upgrade your setup tools and pip. They are needed for development and testing only:
- pip install –upgrade setuptools pip
Then install relevant development requirements:
- pip install -r rnd_requirements.txt # if such a file exists
- pip install -r requirements.txt
- pip install -r tests/requirements.txt
Once you have finished your changes, please provide test case(s), relevant documentation and update CHANGELOG.rst.
As to rnd_requirements.txt, usually, it is created when a dependent library is not released. Once the dependecy is installed (will be released), the future version of the dependency in the requirements.txt will be valid.
How to test your contribution¶
Although nose and doctest are both used in code testing, it is adviable that unit tests are put in tests. doctest is incorporated only to make sure the code examples in documentation remain valid across different development releases.
On Linux/Unix systems, please launch your tests like this:
On Windows systems, please issue this command:
How to update test environment and update documentation¶
Additional steps are required:
What is pyexcel-commons¶
Many information that are shared across pyexcel projects, such as: this developer guide, license info, etc. are stored in pyexcel-commons project.
What is .moban.d¶
.moban.d stores the specific meta data for the library.
- Has Test cases written
- Has all code lines tested
- Passes all Travis CI builds
- Has fair amount of documentation if your change is complex
- run ‘make format’ so as to confirm the pyexcel organisation’s coding style
- Please update CHANGELOG.rst
- Please add yourself to CONTRIBUTORS.rst
- Agree on NEW BSD License for your contribution